Bed & Breakfast
Picturesque retreat in Nothern France
La Cascade has been carefully and extensively refurbished and extended to create a well being and relaxation retreat with 5 double B&B bedrooms and a self contained gite. A seminar room is also available for corporate events.
Set in the secluded and peaceful Canche Valley in Northern France, we are only 75 minutes from Calais, ideal for a midweek or weekend break.
The small market towns of Avesnes-Le-Comte, Saint-Pol-Sur-Ternoise and Frevent are within easy reach.
The beautiful city of Arras is a 30 minutes drive, Louvre Lens 35 minutes, Amiens 40 minutes, and Lille and Le Touquet 50 minutes.
We are also close to many WWI sites including Thiepval and Vimy ridge.
There are 4 refurbished and comfortable en-suite double bedrooms on the First Floor. Twin beds can also be arranged.
The Ground Floor bedroom is suitable for wheelchair users where a double or twin bed can be arranged.
There is a gite which can accommodate up to 4 adults.
Coffee, tea, biscuits and TV (French and English, terrestrial and sky) are provided in all our rooms.
Continental breakfast included with all bedrooms.
Free Wi-Fi available.
FLY FISHING LAKE
The newly established lake covers 1.5 acres and is stocked with rainbow and some brown trout from 2 lbs to doubles. Fishing is by fly only.
THINGS TO DO
With our recently renovated barn retreat that can be used for various indoor activities (yoga, arts and crafts, etc…) and being in the heart of the French countryside, surrounded by many cycling and walking paths, we also offer a wide range of on site leisure activities.
Whether you’re an individual or part of a corporate group, whether you prefer a fun and active break or you prefer to rest and relax at our peaceful getaway, our packages cater for all and can be tailor-made to suit your needs under four sub heading; Activities, Tours & Trips, Well Being and Detox Retreat and Hobbies:
Activities at La Cascade include:
- Beginners introduction to fly fishing – introductory lesson to fly fishing taught by our qualified professional
- Fly fishing – half or full day fly fishing on our peaceful spring-fed lake
- Helicopter ride – enjoy a tour of the Northern French countryside in a helicopter ride with our professional partner Greg Helico and experience the luxury of being picked up and dropped off outside La Cascade.
- Walking – trek around the French countryside, several routes departing from La Cascade.
- Cycling / Mountain Biking – Cycle or Mountain Bike around the French countryside, several routes departing from La Cascade.
- Canoeing – Depart from La Cascade down La Canche river that runs alongside our complex.
- Car/Motorbike Rallies – Depart from La Cascade, several routes departing from La Cascade.